I just got back from the islands, but I'll be taking off again in a week to attend the NSCA Tactical Strength and Conditioning Conference on March 9,10, and 11. I am super stoked about the line-up of speakers and the topics that they will be presenting. I can't wait to translate what I learn into better training at One World, and better training for the tactical operators and first responders that I work with.
Check out the line-up:
- Mark Peterson, PhD, CSCS*D: Fitness Programming for Firefighters
- Garth Spendiff, MS, CSCS: U.S. Border Patrol Mobility Training
- Jay Hoffman, PhD, CSCS*D, FNSCA: Supplemental Intervention for Maximizing Operational Effectiveness
- Mark Stephenson, MS, ATC, CSCS,*D: Agility Training for the Tactical Operator
- Gershon Tenebaum, EhD: Emotions-Cognitions-Motor System Linkage Under Pressure
- Carl Maresh, PhD: Hydration Issues for the Tactical Athlete
- David Sandler, M.S.: Implement Training
- Katie Sell, PhD, CSCS, *D:Setting Phsical Fitness Goals: How "Fit" Do Firefighters Need to Be"
- Joe Martin, D.C.: Metabolic Training Using Circuits
- Katie Sell, PhD, CSCS*D: Fitness Programming for the Tactical Athlete: Value of a Needs Analysis
- LTC, Danny McMillian, DPT, CSCS, US Army Rangers: “Made to Last: Forging physical success across the military life-span."
- Mark Abel, PhD, CSCS Functional Training for Firefighters: from Weight Room to Fire Ground
- Robb Rogers, MEd, CSCS: Mobility for the Operator
- Greg Haff, PhD, CSCS, *D, FNSCA: Maintaining Operational Fitness with No “Off-Season"
- Stewart Smith, CSCS: Recovery, Resilience, Optimal Performance
- Rick Fishell , MS, CSCS, PES: Movement Dysfunction, Assessment and Corrective Strategies
- Greg Haff, PhD, CSCS*D, FNSCA: Olympic Movement
- Stewart Smith, CSCS: Special Ops Fitness Testing/Training
- Garth Spendiff, MS, CSCS :U.S. Border Patrol Muscular Endurance and Strength Training
- Dan Judelson, PhD :Tactical Performance in Hot Climates
- Rick Fishell: Screening, Dysfunction and Corrective Exercises
- LTC, Danny McMillian, DPT, CSCS and MAJ, Robert Montz: US Army Rangers, Ranger Athlete Warrior Program
- Joe Martin, DC: Strength and Conditioning for the Tactical Athlete
- Tyler Christiansen, CSCS: Alternative Training Methods for Circuits
- Robb Rogers, MEd, CSCS: Neuromuscular Activation for Performance
- Dave Sandler , MS, CSCS*D, FNSCA: Plyometrics: Beyond Jumping
Holy smokes!!!! My brain is going to be on overload. I will be taking copious notes, and I have already downloaded the material provided by each presenter. Really good stuff. I am excited about the opportunity to attend and continuing my education as a trainer.
Squat 3 sets x 2 reps @ 92% of your one rep max
Push Press 3/3/3/3Conditioning:
Complete as many rounds as you can in 3 minutes of: 3 handstand push-ups/6 star jumps/10 box jumps (20"). Rest 90 seconds. Start next cycle where you left off the previous cycle. Complete four cycles total. Your score is total rounds completed in all four cycles.